Kim Moore, CFP®, CLU®, ChFC®
- Shareholder, Cofounder, and Chairman of Business Financial Group, LLC
- Investment Adviser Representative affiliated with Commonwealth Financial Network®
- FINRA Series 6, 7, and 63 Securities Registered
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification
- Chartered Life Underwriter® (CLU®)
- Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC®)
- Baptist Standard Publishing, Director, Finance Committee Chairman (2007-16)
- Baptist News Global Foundation, Director (2016-2020)
- San Antonio Livestock Exposition, Inc. (SALE) Director
- Wildlife Committee, Founding Chairman (2009-12)
- Educational Foundation, Trustee (2011-2020)
Kim Moore received his BBA in entrepreneurship and marketing from Baylor University in 1981. Following graduation, he worked in the family business operating Gibson’s Discount Centers in West Texas. The business was subsequently sold, and Kim spent a few years in the real estate brokerage industry before entering the financial planning industry in 1987.
Starting out as a sole proprietor, Kim learned the process of planning and investment and insurance management and began developing client relationships. In the first few years, he discovered that his family business background and his studies in entrepreneurship helped him have a deep appreciation for business owners and the myriad dimensions and responsibilities they face each day.
Today, Kim is a shareholder, cofounder, and chairman of Business Financial Group, LLC (BFG). Kim heads up the firm’s Individual Financial Consulting and Investment Management (IFC) area. Here the teams work with business owners in ongoing succession planning and the development and maintenance of financial independence strategies. Additionally, he leads the strategic planning and growth for BFG overall.
Kim and his wife, Jackie, are very involved in Baptist life. They have three children and a daughter-in-law who are spread out over three states. They enjoy traveling with the family, as well as attending Baylor sports and anything the kids are involved in. Kim plays golf and likes to bird hunt and cook. He dreads the time on the treadmill but is hoping to resurrect his snow-skiing legs so he can hang with his kids at the slopes—soon.